Have you ever wondered what the water quality is in your area? There’s no need to wonder anymore – all of the information you need is just a few clicks away.
Indiana American Water provides customers with Water Quality Reports, also called Consumer Confidence Reports, on an annual basis. Reports can be found by going to the Indiana American Water website’s homepage, hovering over the “Water Quality” option at the top of the page and selecting “Water Quality Reports” at the top of the list of options to choose from.
Indiana American Water is committed to providing our customers with safe, reliable drinking water service. We consistently score among the highest of all water companies in compliance with strict federal requirements regarding delivering safe, quality drinking water.
How to View Drinking Water Quality Reports
Once you’re on the Water Quality Reports page, you can access your area’s annual water quality report by entering your zip code into a box or by clicking on the link for your town, city or county at the bottom of the page.
What’s Included in a Consumer Confidence Report?
Consumer Confidence Reports provide valuable information about the water in your area. Some of the most important information you’ll find includes:
- What contaminants, if any, were found in the local drinking water.
- Whether contaminants – if found – present any potential health effects.
- Information about where your water comes from and how it is treated.
- Valuable insights regarding what it takes to deliver safe drinking water to your home or business.
- Information on the importance of protecting drinking water sources.
Protecting Your Drinking Water Supply
At Indiana American Water, we take great pride in what we do and hold ourselves to high standards to help keep your life flowing. Our team consists of the industry’s leading researchers, scientists, water quality specialists and plant operators, all committed to delivering high-quality water.
As a consumer, below are a few simple steps that you can take to protect your area’s drinking water supply and community water system:
- Properly dispose of household chemicals, oil and paints, pharmaceuticals and other house hazardous waste. These items can negatively impact waterways if they’re dumped on the ground, poured down the drain, or flushed down the toilet.
- Participate in watershed activities to clean up waterways and monitor water quality.
- Regularly check for leaks under your vehicle or heating fuel tanks. If you discover a leak, use a material such as cat litter to absorb the fluid and then sweep it up and seal it in a bag. Take the oil to a refuse facility or oil collection center.
- Additional information is available online to protect your watershed.
Indiana American Water Is Committed to Quality Drinking Water
At Indiana American Water, enhancing the quality of your drinking water is not just our job – it’s our passion. To read more about the steps we’re taking to improve water quality, visit us online at https://www.indianaamwater.com.